What fans know today as Razorback Stadium was built in 1937 and originally called University Stadium. Other reports from the era call it Razorback Bowl. The stadium cost $82,000 and sat about 13,000 people. The quarter-mile long track built around the field was used for Razorback track and field meets up until the 1960s. The building at the south end of the east stands was a “half-house with rest quarters for both visiting and home teams,” according to archived reports. There also were “concession shelters” underneath both sets of bleachers.