Arkansas opened a new fieldhouse ahead of the 1937 season. The building, located along Garland Avenue near Maple Street, was funded in part by a $307,000 federal loan from the Public Works Administration. The new fieldhouse was the Razorbacks’ first modern basketball facility. It provided seating for 3,500 fans during basketball games and included space for athletic offices and classrooms for the physical education department.
University of Arkansas Libraries Digital Collections